For more information visit: www.sonycreativesoftware.com
Unedited press release follows:
Sony Announces New Home Studio Software Upgrades To Movie Studio Platinum 12 and ACID Music Studio 9
Award-Winning Consumer Video and Audio Applications Introduce Simplified Workflows, Sophisticated Features and Cloud Sharing Service in Latest Versions
MIDDLETON, Wis., Aug. 6, 2012 — Sony Creative Software, a leading provider of professional video and audio editing applications, today announced the availability of the latest upgrades to their award-winning line of consumer products which include Movie Studio Platinum 12 and ACID™ Music Studio 9. These applications offer hobbyists, independent filmmakers and aspiring musicians the tools to produce compelling, professional-quality projects for distribution from the desktop to the cloud.
Movie Studio Platinum 12 provides users with an easy-to-use interface and straightforward editing process. New toolbar buttons for splitting and trimming video events, 3D project templates, additional stereoscopic 3D adjustment tools, and other usability enhancements make video editing startlingly intuitive. Movie Studio Platinum 12, along with its standard 32-bit installer, now boasts a native 64-bit installer for improved stability and performance. Users will also be able to upload their movies directly to www.pixelcast.com, a new cloud-based creative and collaborative online service from Sony Creative Software that provides a unique way to share digital photos and videos.
“The latest enhancements to our award-winning Movie Studio line of products were the result of conversations we’ve had with thousands of users over the past year. This update focuses on making the creative and editing process easier than ever while maintaining the robust, professional-quality features, such as stereoscopic 3D, that have become a staple of the Movie Studio software line,” said Dave Chaimson, vice president of global marketing for Sony Creative Software. “Movie Studio Platinum 12 eliminates the guesswork involved in putting together video projects, and enables users to tell their stories faster, make smarter edits, and share their creations sooner.”
New Features in Movie Studio Platinum 12 include:
• More tracks, more possibilities: Users can easily produce intricate video projects or record multi-track audio by adding up to 20 video and 20 audio tracks.
• Simplified workflow: With new split and trim buttons, 3D project templates, and enhanced timeline interaction, Movie Studio Platinum provides an easier and more streamlined solution for any video editing project.
• Publish to Pixelcast™: Users can now share the movie they’re editing in Movie Studio Platinum without ever leaving the application by publishing it directly to Pixelcast (www.pixelcast.com); a fun new cloud service that provides easy ways to collaborate and share photos and videos.
• Windows Vista and Windows 7 64-bit support: Usage of additional system RAM and overall stability is made possible by installing the 64-bit version of Movie Studio Platinum onto 64-bit Windows Vista or Windows 7 machines.
The latest version of ACID Music Studio offers users impressive workflow and performance enhancements with 24-bit/96kHz audio support, folder tracks, project segmentation, envelope automation, input monitoring, and enhanced multicore processor support. Also included is a one-year membership to Indaba Music (www.indabamusic.com), an online community for musicians around the world to network and make music together through virtual collaboration.
“Desktop music production continues to evolve as consumers are looking for new ways to create a big studio sound. We’ve taken our award-winning music creation platform and have enhanced it with even more sophisticated features often found in professional applications. We continue to support the growing demand for affordable audio recording and mixing software that is both consumer-friendly and capable of producing amazing studio-quality results,” said Dave Chaimson. “ACID Music Studio has been, and will continue to be, the perfect tool for loop-based music creation, audio recording, and MIDI production.”
New Features in ACID Music Studio 9
• Workflow enhancements: To reduce the amount of screen real estate used by multiple tracks in a complex project, selected groups of tracks can now be nested and collapsed into Folder Tracks, and expanded for viewing as needed. Sections functionality binds collections of events, envelopes, regions, commands and markers together, allowing them to be moved as single units in a musical arrangement.
• Input monitoring: Performers can now hear recording signals with real-time track effects, like the included Studio Devil™ British Valve Custom guitar amp.
• Automation controls: Track envelope automation allows programmable control of numerous MIDI and VST parameters.
• Improved performance: Users can now record 24-bit/96kHz audio, and experience better playback performance and faster render times with improved support for current multicore PCs.
The Movie Studio Platinum Suite and Imagination Studio suite have also been updated with the newest version of Movie Studio Platinum 12:
Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite
In addition to Movie Studio Platinum 12 software, the Platinum Suite features additional programs for consumers to create even more polished and dynamic video projects. The Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite adds the following applications: DVD Architect™ Studio 5, Sound Forge™ Audio Studio 10, iZotope™ Vocal Eraser technology, Magic Bullet Quick Looks by Red Giant, 3D Titling and Video Effects by NewBlueFX, 20 Sony Sound Series: Production Music audio files, comprehensive Jump Start training tutorials and anaglyphic 3D glasses.
Imagination Studio 4
For users looking for the most complete Sony Creative Software suite available, Movie Studio Platinum 12 is included in the Imagination Studio bundle, which offers a comprehensive Sony software collection to create the ultimate home multimedia studio with a personal touch. Equipped with the tools to create outstanding multimedia projects, Imagination Studio™ also includes DVD Architect™ Studio 5, ACID™ Music Studio 9, and Sound Forge™ Audio Studio 10, as well as 50 Sony Sound Series: Production Music soundtracks, Magic Bullet Quick Looks by Red Giant, 3D Titling and Video Effects by NewBlueFX, comprehensive Jump Start training tutorials and anaglyphic 3D glasses. For pricing and information, please visit: www.sonycreativesoftware.com/imaginationstudio.
Price and Availability
Movie Studio Platinum 12 (MSRP: $99.95; Upgrade: $69.95), Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12 (MSRP: $129.95; Upgrade: $99.95), Imagination Studio 4 (MSRP: $179.95), ACID™ Music Studio 9 (MSRP: $69.95; Upgrade: $39.95), and Sound Forge™ Audio Studio 10 (MSRP: $69.96; Upgrade: $39.95) are now available online at www.sonycreativesoftware.com and at retailers worldwide. Language versions include English, French, German, Spanish, and Japanese. Movie Studio Platinum 12 and Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 are also available in Russian.
About Sony Creative Software
Sony Creative Software inspires artistic expression with its award-winning line of products for digital video, audio, and music production, as well as industry-leading technology for DVD production and Blu-ray Disc™ authoring. Sound Forge™ Pro, ACID™ Pro, and Vegas™ Pro software have defined digital content creation for a generation of creative professionals. These signature product lines continue to advance media production by providing powerful, accessible tools. Today, there is a Sony Creative Software application for every level of expertise, including a full line of consumer software based on the company’s professional applications. In addition, Sony Creative Software produces the extensive Sony® Sound Series collection of royalty-free loops and samples, Sony Pictures Sound Effects Series exclusive sound effects, and Vision Series video creation assets. Further, the company provides the industry-leading tools for enterprise-level Blu-ray Disc™ authoring: Blu-code™ encoder, Dualstream 3D™ MVC encoder, Z Depth™ 3D subtitle editing application, and Blu-print® software. The company’s customers span the globe and include professionals in the film, television, video game, and recording industries, as well as students, educators, and hobbyists. For more information about professional and consumer products, visit www.sonycreativesoftware.com.