For more information visit: www.sony-europe.com
Unedited press release follows:
Discover an online world through your TV with the SMP-N200 Network Media Player
• Easily turn any TV into an Internet TV
• Stream movies, music and more in HD and 3D
• Play content from other devices via built-in Wi-Fi or USB
Life’s more fun on the big screen
Explore the web from the comfort of your sofa. Enjoy on-demand, online movies in HD and 3D. Bring to life photos and videos on the full space of your TV screen. The SMP-N200 Network Media Player turns any TV into an Internet TV so you can start exploring a whole new world.
The web like you’ve never seen before
Open your TV, and your eyes, to the best of the web. Catch up on TV programmes you missed. Visit favourite websites using the web browser. Update Facebook™ and Twitter™ with what you’re watching. Even enjoy content in 3D (*1). Compact and stylish to complement your living room, and with technologies to boost online pictures, our SMP-N200 Network Media Player brings the future of entertainment straight to your home.
What do you want to watch today?
Your free time is precious, so why put limits on what you can enjoy? Stream thousands of classic and contemporary movies from the Sony Entertainment Network – in High Definition and 3D, and from all the major studios. Bring everyone from Bach to the Beach Boys into your living room with access to over 10 million songs. The “3D Experience”, a new, free of charge on-demand streaming service is available now. With the SMP-N200 you’ll never be bored again.
Connect everything together seamlessly
Internet TV doesn’t have to be complicated. Connect to the Internet through built-in Wi-Fi, or an Ethernet cable, and be up and running in seconds. Easy set up, no messing with wires, just fast access to a world of online entertainment.
Share entertainment wherever it is at home. Connect and play via USB or Wi-Fi. Enjoy photos,movies and music from a PC, laptop or other DLNA® device. Sit back and control everything using a free app for your Sony Tablet (*2), Android smartphone or iPhone. You can even “throw” (stream) content from your Sony Tablet to your SMP-N200 and enjoy your entertainment the way you want.
Imagine what you can do with your TV
“The SMP-N200 Network Media Player will change how people experience entertainment at home,” says Anthony Koustelos, General Manager of Home Audio Video Business at Sony Europe. “It’s an easy way for everyone to enjoy Internet TV. With streaming speed and quality constantly improving, you can discover an almost limitless world of online channels, music and movies on your TV screen with no need for separate entertainment devices.”
Sony SMP-N200 Network Media Player is available from October 2011. Exact date of availability varies by country.
(*1) Requires a 3D TV and depends on location
(*2) For further details, please refer to the Sony Tablet press release
SMP-N200 Network Media Player
· Built-in Wi-Fi for easy connectivity to the Internet and wireless home network
· Get online channels and services from the Sony Entertainment Network
· Stream movies and 3D content
· Enjoy better quality online videos with Internet Picture Enhancer
· Boost pictures to near HD quality with Precision Cinema HD Up scaling
· Visit websites and search the Internet using a web browser (display of embedded video or musicnot supported)
· Share personal content via USB
· Easy USB playback with support for HD file formats
· DLNA® certified for video, audio and photo streaming
· HDMI®, component video output and composite video output ports enable connection to all types of TVs
· Free app for Sony Tablet, Android smartphone, iPhone or iPod Touch for use as remote control
· “Throw” (stream) media contents from your Sony Tablet to the SMP-N200 with the touch of a button
· 3 second start-up time with Quick Start mode
· Easy navigation with the XrossMediaBar™ menu
Sony is a leading global innovator of audio, video, communications and information technology products for both the consumer and professional markets. Sony is renowned for its audio-visual products, such as the BRAVIA™ LCD high-definition (HD) television, Cyber-shot™ digital camera, Handycam® camcorder, “α” (pronounced Alpha) digital SLR camera, and Walkman® MP3 player as well as its VAIO™ personal computers and 3D HD professional broadcast equipment. Offering a complete end-to-end 3D value chain and with its electronics, music, pictures, game and online businesses, Sony is one of the world’s leading digital entertainment brands, employing approximately 170,000 people worldwide.
Through its long-term football partnerships as an official sponsor of the UEFA Champions League, Official FIFA Partner and global sponsor of the FIFA World Cup™, Sony is inspiring a sense of excitement for the millions of football fans around the world.
For more information on Sony Europe, please visit www.sony-europe.com