For more information visit: www.sonycreativesoftware.com
Unedited press release follows:
Sony Creative Software Announces Availability of Vegas Movie Studio HD 11
Movie Creation Application Introduces New Production Tools, Image Stabilization and Added File Format Support
MADISON, Wis., Aug. 16, 2011 — Sony Creative Software, a leading provider of professional video and audio editing applications, today announced the availability of Vegas™ Movie Studio HD 11, a new version of its popular consumer video editing software that enables users to quickly produce captivating media projects in a variety of formats.
Based on the award-winning technology found in their Vegas Pro application, Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 is an easy-to-use video editing program that provides users with powerful movie creation and publishing tools as well as new interactive help capabilities, enabling consumers to achieve professional-looking, high-quality results. Compelling new features – including image stabilization, a new Titles and Text plug-in, and improved QuickTime AVC decoding – add value for both beginners and video editing experts alike who want to produce and distribute content via portable devices such as Apple® iPhone® and iPod®, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, or online video sharing services like YouTube™.
“With a variety of affordable cameras and phones available to consumers to capture video and photos, there is a growing need for products that allow users to easily edit video,” said Dave Chaimson, vice president of global marketing for Sony Creative Software. “Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 streamlines the creative process and enables users to save media to popular portable devices and publish to online services.”
New Features in Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 Include:
• All-new “Render,” “New Project” and “Make Movie” Wizards – New wizards help users create projects, render to specific file formats and publish directly to YouTube with increased efficiency and speed.
• Image Stabilization – The Stabilize Media tool enables users to drastically reduce shaky video and fix camera abnormalities caused by rolling shutter.
• Additional Video and Audio tracks – With up to 10 video and 10 audio tracks per project, users can generate extensive text and video layers, and have plenty of room for additional voiceovers, sound effects and music.
• Titles and Text Plug-in – A broad selection of presets and templates allow users to easily create visually stunning text animations and effects that can be modified and adjusted for a broad assortment of creative options.
• Automatic White Balance – The White Balance plug-in enables users to automatically correct color inconsistencies in their photos and video files.
• Added File Format Support – Creative professionals, students and hobbyists working with these studio and cinema-level progressive formats are able to edit and output videos in 24p/50p/60p file types.
• Audio Event Effects – Users gain greater precision over the placement of audio effects, as they can now apply effects directly to the event level.
• Improved QuickTime AVC Decoding – Users of cameras that record to QuickTime AVC formats will now experience remarkable gains in playback performance.
Price and Availability
Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 (MSRP: $49.95) is now available online at www.sonycreativesoftware.com and at retailers worldwide. Language versions include English, French, German, Spanish and Japanese.
About Sony Creative Software
Sony Creative Software inspires artistic expression with its award-winning line of products for digital video, audio, and music production, as well as industry-leading technology for DVD production and Blu-ray Disc™ authoring. Sound Forge™ Pro, ACID™ Pro, and Vegas™ Pro software have defined digital content creation for a generation of creative professionals. These signature product lines continue to advance media production by providing powerful, accessible tools. Today, there is a Sony Creative Software application for every level of expertise, including a full line of consumer software based on the company’s professional applications. In addition, Sony Creative Software produces the extensive Sony® Sound Series collection of royalty-free loops and samples, Sony Pictures Sound Effects Series exclusive sound effects, and Vision Series video creation assets. Further, the company provides the industry-leading tools for enterprise-level Blu-ray Disc™ authoring: Blu-code™ encoder, Dualstream 3D™ MVC encoder, Z Depth™ 3D subtitle editing application, and Blu-print® software. The company’s customers span the globe and include professionals in the film, television, video game, and recording industries, as well as students, educators, and hobbyists. For more information about professional and consumer products, visit www.sonycreativesoftware.com.