For more information visit: www.sonycreativesoftware.com
Unedited press release follows:
Award-Winning NLE Software Provides Comprehensive GPU Acceleration, NVIDIA 3D Vision Support and New Titling Technology
MADISON, Wis., Oct. 17, 2011 — Sony Creative Software, a leading global provider of professional editing and authoring applications, today announced the latest upgrade to its Vegas™ editing technology. Vegas Pro 11 adds significant performance improvements to the award-winning NLE, courtesy of OpenCL™ and highly optimized GPU hardware acceleration for video processing and rendering. Vegas Pro 11 is the world’s first Windows-based OpenCL NLE, broadly supporting the open standard for core video editing operations, video effects and rendering. Other new features include NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ support for single-display 3D computers such as the VAIO® F Series 3D laptops and L Series 3D desktops, an enhanced video stabilizer tool, and new software tools for creating animated titles.
“Sony continues to be a leader in developing professional content-creation applications that are extremely powerful, yet easy to use,” said Dave Chaimson, vice president of global marketing for Sony Creative Software. “With the addition of GPU acceleration, Vegas Pro 11 streamlines the video editing experience by providing smoother previews and faster rendering times, ideal for industry professionals who work on tight deadlines where every second counts. Utilizing the OpenCL standard, customers will find that even very affordable GPU solutions from AMD and NVIDIA offer workflow enhancements that provide between two and four times faster rendering speeds, with equally as impressive performance gains during video playback.”
Vegas Pro 11 Feature Highlights:
• GPU Accelerated Video Processing – Working with OpenCL-supported devices from AMD and NVIDIA, Vegas Pro 11 leverages GPU acceleration for the core video processing engine, video effects, transitions, compositing, pan/crop, track motion and encoding, providing a significantly faster workflow. Details regarding these improved processes can be found at www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro/gpuacceleration.
• Sync Link – More powerful than Event Grouping, this comprehensive editing feature enables users to easily organize and synchronize events on the timeline. Secondary audio and B-roll video clips can be edited independently of each other while remaining in sync with the primary clip.
• 2D and 3D Text Tools – Quickly create dynamic and visually stunning text animations and effects within Vegas Pro 11. Add 3D titles with the new Titler Pro from NewBlueFX, a great addition to the stereoscopic 3D workflow. Users can manipulate text down to the character level and on the X, Y, and Z axes. Stylized 2D motion can be applied to text events using the Titles and Text tool or with the improved ProType titler.
• Advanced Video Stabilization – Featuring motion analysis on all three camera axes, this new stabilization technology allows users to reduce jittery or shaky video caused by handheld recording devices, as well as eliminating rolling shutter problems inherent in most CMOS camera imagers. Stabilization is now implemented as an OpenFX plug-in which provides greater flexibility and power.
• Improved NVIDIA 3D Vision Support – Users can now edit on single-display 3D computers including VAIO F Series 3D laptops and VAIO L Series All-in-One 3D desktop systems.
• New Render Template Filtering – New render dialogs create a more efficient environment for searching and filtering render templates speeding up the workflow for finalizing output formats.
Industry-Leading Innovation, Broad Format Support
Sony Creative Software continues to innovate with world-class support for 3D technology and strong integrated video and audio tools through its latest version. Vegas Pro 11 improves on its ground-breaking “no transcode, no re-wrap” heritage by adding native format support for stereoscopic 3D MVC and MPO files from Sony camcorders and DSLRs. By eliminating the transcode and re-wrap process required by other applications, Vegas Pro 11 users can save valuable production time, minimize storage requirements, and preserve the pristine quality of the original source material. Other natively supported codecs and formats include XDCAM®, XDCAM EX™, HDCAM-SR™, NXCAM®, AVCHD, AVCCAM, RED R3D®, RED EPIC, and AVC-based .MOV and RAW files from popular DSLR cameras. Native P2 support is also available with an optional plug-in. Users now have the option to render to the AVC/MP4 file format which includes progressive file download support for streaming purposes.
Vegas Pro 11 easily handles complex projects with multiple formats and mixed resolutions, from standard definition to 4K. The intuitive, integrated stereoscopic workflow in Vegas Pro 11 enables novices as well as experienced editors to produce compelling 3D content without the added expense or complexity of aftermarket plug-ins.
“Vegas Pro meets the high standards required for our films, including managing and processing 4K 3D workflow,” said Jean-Jacques Mantello, director of the acclaimed IMAX theater films “Dolphins and Whales 3D,” “Sharks 3D” and “Ocean Wonderland,” distributed by 3D Entertainment Distribution. “We’ve come to expect a consistent level of quality from Vegas Pro.”
More information on Vegas Pro 11 and the entire line of Sony Creative Software products can be found at www.sonycreativesoftware.com.
Price and Availability
Vegas Pro 11 is now available for purchase at retailers worldwide and online at www.sonycreativesoftware.com. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for Vegas Pro 11 software is $699 USD. Upgrades from previous versions of Vegas Pro will be available for $199 USD from www.sonycreativesoftware.com. Localized French, German, Spanish and Japanese versions will also be available.
About Sony Creative Software
Sony Creative Software inspires artistic expression with its award-winning line of products for digital video, audio, and music production, as well as industry-leading technology for DVD production and Blu-ray Disc™ authoring. Sound Forge™ Pro, ACID™ Pro, and Vegas™ Pro software have defined digital content creation for a generation of creative professionals. These signature product lines continue to advance media production by providing powerful, accessible tools. Today, there is a Sony Creative Software application for every level of expertise, including a full line of consumer software based on the company’s professional applications. In addition, Sony Creative Software produces the extensive Sony® Sound Series collection of royalty-free loops and samples, Sony Pictures Sound Effects Series exclusive sound effects, and Vision Series video creation assets. Further, the company provides the industry-leading tools for enterprise-level Blu-ray Disc™ authoring: Blu-code™ encoder, Dualstream 3D™ MVC encoder, Z Depth™ 3D subtitle editing application, and Blu-print® software. The company’s customers span the globe and include professionals in the film, television, video game, and recording industries, as well as students, educators, and hobbyists. For more information about professional and consumer products, visit www.sonycreativesoftware.com.