For more information visit: www.sorensonmedia.com
Unedited press release follows:
Sorenson Media’s New Squeeze Server 2.0 Brings Unprecedented Video Transcoding Speed and Ease of Use to the Enterprise
• Cost-Effective New Version of Gold-Standard Enterprise Video Encoding and Transcoding Application Also Features Industry-Best Video Quality, Format Coverage
• Squeeze Server 2.0 Includes Optimized Performance for All Four Leading Adaptive Bitrate Streaming Protocols
• Enhanced New User Interface Features Easy Installation That Has Users Up and Running in Minutes
Streaming Media West 2012
SAN DIEGO — Sorenson Media today announced the immediate availability of Sorenson Squeeze Server 2.0, the easiest-to-use and fastest-ever version of the company’s high-volume enterprise-grade video transcoding and encoding solution. The new application, built on the perennial gold-standard Sorenson Squeeze encoding engine, significantly improves performance while streamlining encoding and transcoding tasks.
Squeeze Server 2.0 includes full optimization for all four leading adaptive bitrate streaming protocols, including the newly added MPEG Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH); Adobe Flash Dynamic Streaming (FDS); Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS); and Microsoft Smooth Streaming. Squeeze Server automatically transcodes individual video files into chunked segments categorized by bitrate, organizes the segments into folders and delivers them to every specified destination for playback.
“We challenged ourselves to make our Server product better and faster than ever—and the result was an entirely new user interface which streamlines workflows significantly,” said Eric Quanstrom, COO of Sorenson Media. “We further optimized what was already the best adaptive bitrate performance. Squeeze Server 2.0 was designed to let people encode and manage video how and where their workflow lives—on-premise, in the Cloud or both, as a hybrid solution. There is nothing in the market that rivals Squeeze Server 2.0 for quality or cost-effectiveness at any price point.”
Core benefits of Squeeze Server 2.0 include:
• Unprecedented speed. Major enhancements to the application’s core encoding algorithm maximize all available server CPUs for each encode.
• A completely redesigned user interface that enables easy management, updating and status indicators for all encoding, including remote control of the server(s) from a browser or iOS device.
• A refined API – REST-based and easy to code against.
• The broadest variety of input and output options for multiscreen video preparation with optimized encoding presets.
• Easy-to-use installation configurations, so the application is ready for encoding within moments, with zero-configuration queues and intelligent presets.
• Dedicated, Gold-Tier maintenance with highly trained video experts via telephone, email or live chat, as well as ongoing updates and upgrades as they come available.
Squeeze Server 2.0, which runs on Windows Server 2008 R2 and later versions, is uniquely optimized for hybrid cloud/on-premise environments. It runs equally well in any public or private cloud, and can save enterprise users significant expense through the easy application of provisioning strategies. Each version of Squeeze Server 2.0 comes complete with MySQL database, which enables zero-configuration queues, so users can immediately begin using Squeeze Server with minimal to no coding whatsoever.
Squeeze Server 2.0 includes access to hundreds of included additional presets — video encoding parameters that automate the process of transcoding video files in order to optimize playback for any major format, from Flash, H.264 and WebM to MXF, on devices ranging from smartphones and tablets to laptops, PCs, set-top boxes and TV screens.
Users of Squeeze Server 2.0 also benefit from a variety of ongoing strategic partnerships, including the strong relationship between Sorenson Media and Amazon Web Services. The two companies are currently providing a promotion of $100 credit toward the server for a free trial, which can be applied toward the purchase of the subscription or license fee.
Pricing and Availability
Sorenson Squeeze Server 2.0 is currently available. There are two licensing models — a one-time cost with ongoing maintenance or variable monthly subscription fee — perfect for virtualized/Cloud usage. For additional information, contact a member of the Sorenson Media sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Sorenson Media
Sorenson Media (www.sorensonmedia.com) is an award-winning provider of the highest quality, differentiated video encoding solutions. With highly scalable cloud- and server-based encoding solutions and desktop applications, Sorenson Media empowers the enterprise, video professionals and small-to-medium organizations to easily and affordably encode, manage and deliver the highest-quality video online. Since 1995, Sorenson Media has been at the forefront of bringing online video into the economic and cultural mainstream. As video rapidly proliferates online, businesses of all sizes rely on Sorenson Media’s innovative solutions and legacy of trust to meet their evolving needs.