For more information visit: www.technicolorgloballogistics.com
Unedited press release follows:
Technicolor Expands Third Party Logistics (3PL) Services
Paris, France & Camarillo, CA – July 10, 2012 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH) announces the expansion of its market leading Third Party Logistics (3PL) service offering and rebrands the organization as Technicolor Global Logistics (TGL). Technicolor is building upon its long-standing success in direct-to-retail distribution and freight management to address similar supply chain requirements in new market segments including consumer electronics, toys/recreational products, consumer packaged goods, and other durable product categories. Technicolor’s TGL services include freight brokerage, ocean, air, and ground transportation, shipment/load optimization, and business intelligence reporting.
“Due to our long-standing reputation for exceptional and consistent execution, unique ability to manage time-sensitive, high volume/event-based product introductions, and market-leading expertise in transportation shipment optimization, Technicolor is an ideal partner for any company seeking improved supply chain flexibility and cost optimization,” said Elaine Singleton, VP of Supply Chain at Technicolor Global Logistics.
Technicolor Global Logistics manages fifteen (15) supply chain facilities throughout the world. The company provides a comprehensive array of supply chain services ranging from direct procurement services to returns logistics. Across this range of services, Technicolor utilizes its market-leading Transportation Management System (TMS) to optimize product movements via an established multi-mode carrier network to more than 10,000 ship-to locations in North America alone. Delivering timely and comprehensive customer service support, and lowering total transportation costs remain TGL’s ongoing critical customer priorities, and the company’s well-established and prominent customer base serves as confirmation of TGL’s commitment to industry-leading daily execution in complex, high-volume supply chain environments.
Technicolor Global Logistics service offerings include:
• Transportation Management System services inclusive of route planning, shipment consolidation, mode optimization, carrier and service selection, rate selection, in-transit inventory visibility, track and trace, freight audit and pay, and centralized transportation control.
• Full Truck Load (FTL) and Less Than Truck Load (LTL) freight brokerage and management.
• Air and ocean freight management.
• Integrated distribution services including order management, inventory control, kitting, pick, pack, and shipment processing with the ability to process exceptionally high volumes to an extended store and/or warehousing network.
• Reverse logistics and returns management.
• On-time delivery performance of 99.95%.
• Real-time online business intelligence reporting and supply chain visibility down to SKU level detail.
• Operational, service, and financial Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting.
• Carrier Report Cards (CRC) to track trends and manage KPIs.
• Benchmarking and modeling to generate “what if” analysis and optimize networks.
Technicolor Global Logistics’ transportation and distribution services, combined with its dedicated team of supply chain professionals, provide a comprehensive solution for companies seeking greater supply chain efficiency.
About Technicolor Global Logistics
Technicolor Global Logistics is a leading 3PL offering proven expertise in high-velocity supply chain solutions and time-driven, event-based freight management to the manufacturing, consumer/packaged goods, consumer electronics, and retail industries. Technicolor Global Logistics enables supply chain flexibility and cost optimization through its integrated distribution and fulfillment services, carrier-neutral transportation optimization, and reverse logistics. Clients typically realize immediate cost savings with limited to no capital investment.
For more information visit: http://www.technicolorgloballogistics.com.
Technicolor, a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector, is at the forefront of digital innovation. Our world-class research and innovation laboratories enable us to lead the market in delivering advanced video services to content creators and distributors. We also benefit from an extensive intellectual property portfolio focused on imaging and sound technologies, based on a thriving licensing business. Our commitment: supporting the delivery of exciting new experiences for consumers in theaters and homes.