Pegasys, Inc. announced a comprehensive .wtv compatibility update to all three main TMPGEnc software programs: TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress, TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3, and TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4.
According to the statement, the update allows users to import Windows Media Center .wtv files, remove commercials or unwanted scenes, apply video and audio filters and convert to a variety of video formats. All three updates are now available as a free download for current users.
“We are one of the very few software companies offering .wtv file input support. When Windows 7 users record live TV via Windows Media Center, the resulting Windows TV file is in the .wtv format. With our products, users can edit out commercials, apply filters, create DVD/DivX/Blu-ray menus, convert to a different video format, and more,” commented Tak Ebine, CEO of Pegasys Inc.
All three programs allow users to remove commercials or unwanted scenes. One video clip can be split into multiple clips or combined into one. Here’s a more specific breakdown of how each product benefits users working with .wtv files:
TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress
· Apply 19 audio and video filters such as de-interlace, smart sharpen, and more.
· Edit and convert Windows Media Center TV recordings into many formats such as DivX HD, Windows Media Video, and H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, with a variety of encoding options.
· NVIDIA CUDA support makes filter processing ultra fast. Optional support is available for Toshiba SpursEngine, for blazing fast MPEG-2 and H.264 encoding.
Example: A user wants to convert a .wtv file to playback on an iPod, PSP, or other digital device. TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress is used to cut-out commercials and convert the video to the appropriate video format such as MPEG-4 AVC.
TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4
· Output and burn .wtv files into a DVD/DivX Ultra/Blu-ray disc, with custom menus.
· Smart Rendering makes output fast while keeping the original video quality (.wtv file must be compliant with output format).
Example: A user wants to make a DVD from a favorite TV show, TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 is used to cut-out commercials, add subtitles, create a custom menu, then output and burn to DVD.
TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3
· Removes commercials or unwanted scenes accurately at the frame level.
· Smart Rendering technology makes output fast while keeping the original video quality
· Output as MPEG-2, DVD-Video, DVD-VR, or Blu-ray (BDAV) video.
· Create a simple DVD menu for quick disc authoring.
· Burn output file to DVD or Blu-ray Disc.
Example: A user wants to remove commercials from a .wtv file, TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3 is used to accurately cut-out commercials. With Smart Rendering technology, output is fast and video quality remains the same since only edited parts of the video are re-encoded.
The .wtv file format is a new video content format for TV shows recorded by Windows Media Center. It replaces the .dvr-ms file format. Both .wtv and .dvr-ms files can be imported. Windows Media Center is included in most Windows 7 editions, Windows Vista (Home Premium, Ultimate) and Windows XP (Media Center Edition). All that is needed is a TV Tuner device to watch and record live TV broadcasts. Copy protected .wtv files cannot be imported into TMPGEnc products.
For more information visit: www.pegasys-inc.com