For more information visit: www.toshiba.eu
Unedited press release follows:
Neuss, 01st September 2011
Toshiba Europe GmbH premiered the new STOR.E TV PRO. The multimedia console turns plain TVs into smart TVs connected to the Web. Featuring full browsing capabilities and a video conferencing mode, it brings the online world to the largest screen in the house. STOR.E TV PRO will be available in the fourth quarter 2011 in Europe.
Door opener to the Web experience on TVs
“The vast majority of TVs in the home do not provide web access”, said Marco Perino, General Manager, Digital Products Division, Toshiba Europe GmbH. “We’ve been looking for a plug-and-play approach to connect these ‘stand-alone’ TVs to the web and designed the multimedia console STOR.E TV PRO.” According to Display Search’s analysts, nearly 75% of all flat panel TVs shipped in 2011 are expected not to have any form of internet connectivity .
Relaxed browsing on the sofa
The multimedia set-top box with its sleek, minimalistic look simply needs to be connected to the TV via an HDMI™ port to open the door to the web. Thanks to the newly designed graphical user interface navigation through the on-screen menu, browsing is easy and convenient. Toshiba developed an innovative remote control that connects to the STOR.E TV PRO via Bluetooth™. On one side it offers a full keyboard for typing web addresses and a trackpad for pointer control. On the other side it features everything that is needed for standard remote operation including a four way navigation button.
Easy access to value added services
Via STOR.E TV PRO, users not only get access to the web but also to Toshiba Places, Toshiba’s web based content and services platform. Plus, STOR.E TV PRO supports a webcam connection which can be used to hold a video conference on the large screen in the living room.
Toshiba is a world leader and innovator in pioneering high technology, a diversified manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products spanning digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; power systems, including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances.
Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 490 companies, with 203,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.3 trillion yen (US$77 billion). Visit Toshiba’s web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
Toshiba Europe GmbH, headquartered in Neuss, Germany, is a fully owned subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, Tokyo.
Facts & Figures
• Support of TV web browsing
• Support of Full HD with1,920 x 1,080p
• 1 x HDMI™, 3x USB 2.0, 1x USB input, 2 in 1 card reader (MMC SD /SDXC)
• WLAN (802.11b/g/n), Bluetooth™, LAN (RJ45)
• Storage capacity: 8GB flash storage
• On-screen menu with an easy to use graphical user interface
• Bluetooth™ remote control with QWERTY keyboard and trackpad
• Dimensions: 204mm x 168mm x 39.8mm
• Supported audio files: MPEG,OGG, MP3/MP2, WMA, WAV, APE, FLAC, AAC, PCM
• Supported photo files: JPEG, BMP, PNG, TIFF, GIF (static display only)
• Supported video formats: H263/H264, MPEG4, DivX/XviD, VC1/WMV, VP8
• Colours and design: glossy black, minimalistic design with rounded edges and a silver rim