For more information visit: www.verbatim.com
Unedited press release follows:
Verbatim MediaShare Wireless stores, streams and shares media content, anywhere
London, England – 2 July 2013: Verbatim, a global pioneer of data storage technology, introduces MediaShare Wireless – a portable device which connects with up to five Wi-Fi enabled tablets and smartphones allowing you to view, play, stream and back up photos, video clips and music simultaneously, anywhere.
Wirelessly connect with five devices simultaneously and add un-limited storage to your iPad, iPhone, Android tablet or smartphone
• Connect up to 5 devices to the MediaShare simultaneously to share videos, music and data
• Built-in USB port and SD Memory slot allows easy access to content from a USB portable hard drive, USB Drive or SD memory card and expansion of available storage on smartphones and tablets.
• Upload and download content wirelessly to and from your tablet or smartphone
• Safely back up our photos and video clips from your smartphone or tablet to physical storage without needing a computer
• Up to 9 hours of continued video playback*
• Free iOS and Android Mobile App available from the AppStore or Google Play
• Password protected wireless access to files keeps your data safe and secure
• MediaShare will act as a bridge to the WAN/Internet so you can continue to use the internet whilst streaming content from the MediaShare
• Fully supports the trend towards sharing media content while on the move
For times when it is impractical to access a computer or on-board storage is limited, the portable device effectively creates its own Wi-Fi network enabling users to wirelessly stream or archive media files securely and quickly between an iPad, iPhones, iPod Touch and Android based device. For example, Verbatim’s MediaShare Wireless could help keep children entertained on long journeys by streaming media content chosen by parents through to the child’s tablet, smartphone or portable media player.
Benefiting from an SD memory slot and a built-in USB port rather than on-board storage capacity, MediaShare Wireless makes it possible for users to add unlimited data capacity in a far more affordable manner to an ad-hoc network of tablets and smartphones via SD cards, micro SD Cards with an adaptor, USB drives and external hard drives. As data storage units are heavily distributed across European households these days, the MediaShare comes without built-in storage capacity. For the manufacturer price of adding just 16GB of storage to the market’s top selling tablet, you could buy at least six 16GB SD cards or USB Drives or a 1TB portable hard drive in comparison.
An easy-to-use MediaShare Wireless app, available to download from iTunes and Google Play for iOS and Android devices respectively, lets users manage content (copying files between devices and MediaShare Wireless). It also provides a bridge to other wireless LAN networks to allow internet connections while files are being streamed.
MediaShare Wireless weighs just 127g and measures 112mm x 79mm x 14mm (L x W x H), roughly the same size as a smartphone making it convenient to carry. It uses a rechargeable 3000mAh Lithium-ion battery that delivers up to 9 hours of continuous movie streaming*. A Micro USB cable is sold with the product to allow charging and data transfer.
Priced at just £49.99 Verbatim’s MediaShare Wireless is available to buy online and in retail stores across Europe.
* Figure based on single user of MediaShare Wireless with movie playback streamed via an SDXC card with video bit rate of 2Mbps or less and no USB connection made to the device.
Verbatim is a leading global company in data storage and LED lighting with a broad product portfolio spanning consumer and professional applications. Verbatim has been shaping the development of data storage devices since 1969 and is the world’s No 1 supplier of optical media (Blu-ray, DVD and CD). The company also markets flash memory, external hard drive storage solutions and a wide range of computer accessories.
In addition, the company is an innovator in fast-growing LED and OLED lighting, developing products that offer low power consumption, long life and a better lighting experience. It is also an emerging supplier of water filtration systems; its Cleansui brand is Japan’s favourite water filter.
Verbatim is a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Kagaku Media owned by Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, one of the world’s largest chemical companies, which invests heavily in R&D across many diverse sectors. The company’s operating principles are founded on helping people to live in a healthy, comfortable and sustainable way. Verbatim’s regional organisations are EMEA, APAC and Americas, with offices in most countries in the world. The company’s European headquarters are based in the UK. For further information, visit http://www.verbatim.com