For more information visit: www.verbatim-europe.com
Unedited press release follows:
London, 12 December 2011 – With the new SATA-II Solid State Drive Upgrade Kit, Verbatim offers an ideal alternative to internal 2.5’’ and 3.5’’ Hard Disk Drives for notebooks and desktop PCs. It offers faster system boot up, improved system and application performance, increased shock resistance, longer battery life for laptops and is completely silent. The included NTI Echo Cloning software allows the copying of all hard drive data onto the SSD. In addition the Verbatim SSD Kit includes a special USB enclosure to convert the original hard disk drive into a USB attached external hard drive.
• Faster system boot up
• Improved battery life
• Improved system and application performance
• Increased shock resistance
• 100% silent operation
• Advanced wear levelling and error correction for reliable long-term performance
• Original hard disk drive can be used as an external drive
• 3.5’’ mounting bracket, screws and SATA power cable for optional desktop installation
• NTI Echo Cloning software to copy data and operating system
• Available in 64GB with up225MB/sec write speed and 265MB/sec read speed
• Available in 128GB with up to 225MB/sec write speed and 270MB/sec read speed
Verbatim’s new SATA-II Solid State Drive Upgrade Kit is a simple solution for all users who want to upgrade their existing hard drive storage system to SSD quality. Unlike hard disk drives, SSDs use flash memory to store data. Flash memory has no moving parts, which makes it more stable and far less prone to failure. Additionally it makes no noise and uses very little energy. With the accompanying cloning software and 12 language installation guide, the Verbatim SATA-II Solid State Drive Upgrade Kit allows easy and safe copying of all data and the operating system from the hard disk drive to the SSD. A reinstallation of the operating system is not necessary.
Hans-Christoph Kaiser, Business Development Manager Flash for Verbatim EUMEA, says: “The SATA-II SSD offers faster system performance than a standard hard drive and is shock and vibration resistant making it more durable in harsher environments. Therefore it is the ideal storage replacement in portable computers whose original hard disk drives are prone to shocks. The 2.5’’ external hard drive enclosure converts the original hard disk drive into a USB attached external hard drive while the additional 3.5’’ mounting bracket, screws and SATA power cable enable desktop users to upgrade their system to SSD.”